Join the Team at an Oklahoma Charter School
Are you looking for an exciting career in education? At an Oklahoma charter school, one person can make a big impact in the life of a child. Schools are always looking for energetic, creative, enthusiastic teachers and administrators.
NOW HIRING OPCSA Director
Position Title: Oklahoma Public Charter School Association (OPCSA) Director
Reports to: OPCSA Membership & OPSRC Director, Quality Charter Services
FLSA Status: Exempt Work Schedule: Full-time
The Oklahoma Public Charter School Association (OPCSA) Director is responsible for working with Oklahoma charter schools to ensure that charter schools in the state are high quality and have the resources to expand to meet the needs of families and students in Oklahoma.
OPCSA is a recognized 501(c)3 with a board of directors that meets monthly. The Oklahoma Public School Resource Center (OPSRC) will act as the fiscal sponsor for this position providing resources including payroll, benefits, and office support. This position will report directly to OPCSA in conjunction with the OPSRC Director, Quality Charter Services.
Key Abilities and Attributes
● The position requires strong deep subject matter expertise which will be focused on developing solutions in a collaborative environment, involving charter school leaders, and other related stakeholders.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state agencies; state legislators and legislative staff; OPCSA member schools; educational entities; and other key stakeholders.
● Must be detail oriented, extremely organized, and have exceptional written and oral communication skills. Primary job Responsibilities
● Responsible for leading the OPCSA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the members of the organization.
● Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
● Serve as the face of OPCSA at the State Capitol, in public relations, and in other venues across the state. In conjunction with the OPCSA lobbyist, the Director will advocate for policies that allow quality charter schools to expand and provide quality seats to students across the state.
● Proactively promote and share OPCSA member school stories to the public. Create events and opportunities to promote charter schools and support OPCSA school members.
● Work with OPSRC’s Technical Assistance Lead to provide guidance and technical assistance to entities preparing applications for new charter schools and assist with the development of high quality instructional programs.
● Supports OPCSA members on finding financial support for growth or expansion.
● Assist charter schools with possible corrective actions when a charter sponsor identifies deficiencies under the required quality charter guidelines.
● 5 years experience in an Oklahoma charter school leadership role preferred.
● Strong familiarity with Oklahoma charter school laws.
● Strong familiarity and experience with academic and financial constraints faced by Oklahoma charter schools and demonstrated ability to identify creative solutions to these challenges.
● Light travel may occasionally be required-- across Oklahoma for meetings or nationally for conferences. Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 7, 2022.